Lip The magazine has announced the list of finalists for the 2022 Rachel Funari Prize for Fiction.
The shortlisted stories are:
- “The Reliquary” by Claire Alcock
- “In the Wake of Tokyo” by Louise Burlinson
- ‘Snake’ by Vicky Daddo
- “Smoke” by Susanna Freymark
- “The Cleaner” by Zeynab Gamieldien
- “Grandpa Keeps His Heart in the Shed” by Elaine Mead
- “Just Us” by Ruth Niemiec
- ‘Sanjida learns to drive’ by Zarin Nuzhat
- “The Crushed Grass” door Elle Parkinson
- ‘Contrapuntal’ by Julia Prendergast
- “Aftermath” by Liz Walkenhorst.
Now in its 10th year, the prize is open to women, female-identifying and non-binary writers, and is awarded in honor of Lipthe founding editor of the late Rachel Funari. This year, writers were invited to react on the theme ‘after’.
The winner will receive $1,000, while second and third place will receive $500 and $250, respectively. All winners will additionally receive a book pack and publication on Lipthe website of.
The winners, who will be chosen by LipThe editors, along with guest judges Julie Koh, Melissa Manning and Sonia Orchard, will be announced June 20 as part of the Emerging Writers’ Festival’s “Amazing Babes” event.
Category: Awards Local News